Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Resident Mentor: Join the Team!


            Today I was excited to participate in the Mentor Selection kick-off. Unfortunately the event was cancelled due to inclement weather. So I figured why not share what’s awesome about being a Resident Mentor with this blog?


Our Great Staff!


            I love being a Mentor for many reasons but above all I love the people I’ve met. In the two years I’ve been a Mentor I’ve met over one hundred residents who I enjoyed hanging out with in my time as Mentor and I call my friends today. Then there’s staff. There are so many great people on staff that I never would’ve met any other way than my position as a Mentor.

            Besides the great people I’ve met I now have a shining star on my resume. In all the job interviews I’ve been the experiences I’ve had as a Mentor always come up and most employers I’ve talked to have found the experience very appealing in a candidate. Finally, if all else doesn’t appeal to you there is the crème de la resistance, a single room!

            I first applied to become a Resident Mentor my freshman year. Unfortunately I didn’t get it but I applied the very next year and was hired mid year at Rather hall as a sophomore. The point is if you are interested in becoming a Mentor you should definitely apply. Even if you don’t get it your first try you can always try again and in the meantime you gain valuable interview experience. Being a Mentor is a truly rewarding experience that I recommend anyone remotely interested should apply.

You can apply online now. Applications are due December 1st at midnight.

If you have any questions place them in the comments below and I'll be sure to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment