Wednesday, November 30, 2011

GO WHITE!


            Snowday!!!! Okay, not really considering Michigan State has had two snowdays in fifty years but still we got the first snow of the year and wow! The first snow of the year is a deep 6-10 inches that have covered this campus in a winter wonderland. Every year I’m amazed at the pure beauty of this campus. In fall I think “There is nothing more beautiful than East Lansing’s autumn.” I find it hard to argue with the autumn sky, colorful leaves and fresh air. Fall is an amazing season.
            Which brings me to today as I stare out the window onto campus covered in a thick blanket of snow; East Lansing is as beautiful as ever in winter. Although the weather is not as pleasant as fall there really is nothing like good packing snow to kick off a season. Snow forts, snow men, and yes even a good snowball fights are traditions I’ve held since childhood and a reminder of the Holidays to come. Winter is also in the Hall of Fame for seasons.
            So East Lansing has incredible falls and breathtaking winters. How can this campus be so beautiful in two seasons? I haven’t even mentioned spring which feels like ages ago but of course is really just around the corner. Is it possible that East Lansing is the most beautiful campus in America? Of course my bias thinks so. What do you think? Is East Lansing more beautiful in the fall or winter? What did you do with the first snow of the season? Sound off in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment