Saturday, December 10, 2011

Holden Caf: Most Underrated Caf on Campus?


            One of my goals of this blog has been to bring little insights to things going on campus. With that in mind I think there is a common belief on campus that Holden is one of the weaker cafs. Until recently I accepted this as true until I got a little tired of eating at Wilson everyday and I have now eaten at Holden more often to mix it up. And now that I have, I must say that Holden is actually a really good caf. In fact, I’d argue Holden is the most underrated caf on campus. I have five reasons to back it up.

1)      Pangea, while not as good as the Pangea in Brody Square, is really good stir fry that always mixes up the options.
2)      Homestyle, like Pangea, has great variety, does miss out on the rotisserie chicken at Brody but all other options are accounted for.
3)      Unlike Homestyle and Pangea, Veg-Out is actually better at Holden due to various pasta options.
4)      The caf is usually very quiet with plenty of space offering a calm, peaceful setting to enjoy a meal.
5)      Holden is the only caf I know of that has Waffle Cones coupled with the incomparable MSU dairy ice cream.

Really those five things make up a truly solid caf, and in my mind, a hidden gem on campus. Disagree? What’s the most underrated caf on campus? I’d love to hear what caf I’ve been missing in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part of the Holden Caf is the Berg. It's just always different than your standard house or caesar salad, and sometimes they even serve taco salad!

    ReplyDelete