Thursday, December 8, 2011

Finals Feast


            What a week! I refuse to address the national tragedy that occurred over the weekend (The BCS is BS). And so I move on to this, the week before finals. This week is usually as stressful, if not more so, as finals. Thankfully there are plenty of ways on campus to relieve stress in these tough times. This week I played a little basketball at IM West, played some video games with my friends, and I got a care package from my parents full of snacks, coffee, and candy, all essentials for surviving finals. But by far, my favorite thing about this week was the Holiday dinner in the caf.
This fantastic finals feast (I’m sorry, I had to!) is made up of steak, chicken, popcorn shrimp, barbeque wings, chocolate fudge, egg nog, and much, much more. My personal favorite is the fresh hot mozzarella sticks. Another interesting wrinkle in the Holiday dinner is the large crowd. Some people don’t like this but I actually appreciated the opportunity to meet new people as table space was at a premium so groups of people who didn’t know each other were forced to sit with each other. I personally always enjoy meeting new people, and would love it if the caf were like that all the time. I’d get a chance to meet new people every day! I hope you pre-finals week is going smoothly, and make sure you are still finding time for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment