Sunday, January 8, 2012

Case Hall Caf - Early Review


Today I am back on campus and looking forward to an exciting 2012. I figure I'll kick the year off with a bit of an early review of South Pointe, the dining hall of Case Hall. The Case caf opened today and I've only eaten their once but I do have a few strong opinions of the place right out of the gate.

The first thing I noticed about the caf was the layout. I found the layout very centered and easy to navigate. When compared to Brody in particular the layout was very intelligent and all the dining options were in a central spot. In Brody I feel everything is kind of chaotic and spread out.

Moving on to the seating area, I found there to be a good amount of seats. None of them felt particularly isolated which is a feeling I actually enjoy at Brody. However, there still are plenty of nice seating arrangements. The biggest problem I've found with the entire caf is the lack of televisions. I noticed two televisions. Only one of them was very visible to the general seating area, the other television was awkwardly posed towards the food lines and really would only be visible from one table. As somebody who really enjoys Sportscenter with breakfast this is a problem.

I suppose more importantly the food that I had was really good. I had sushi which offered more options than the sushi at Brody, although I assume those options rotate. From the Great Lakes Plate I got rotisserie chicken and garlic mashed potatoes. The potatoes were very good but the chicken was both cold and burnt. Disappointing. Still a lot of promise in the future. I also saw Brimstone and Bliss look delicious although I didn't get an opportunity to try them out.

Again this was only a one time experience. As I continue to eat there over the course of the semester I'll post updates as I get a feel for each station, the length of lines, and the crowd overall. Perhaps when I have that understanding of the caf, I'll do a caf showdown between Case and the current champion Brody. Until then let's get some tv's in Case!

No comments:

Post a Comment